For the first time in three years we’ve played enough games such that the Knockout tournament can go ahead and complete before Xmas.
At a committee meeting we did the draw for this year’s knockout. Since he won’t be able to play the early knockout rounds Andy Banting graciously withdrew, making room for the 17th name in the league table.
The draw was done randomly by Andy and Bob. Subsequent rounds will also be drawn randomly.
|1st round||Quarter finals||Semi finals||Finals||Winner|
|20th Aug – 23 Sep||24 Sep – 22 Oct||23 Oct – 19 Nov||19 Nov – 10 Dec|
|Simon Williams 22 vs Jason Mihell 11||Jason M 4 & 2||Jason M bt Rob Budd 2 & 1|
|Paul Cole 24 vs Herb Miller 20||Herb M 4 & 3|
|Rob Budd 13 vs Des Davis 24||Rob B on CB|
|Dave Payne 19 vs Andy Holding 21||Dave P 2 up||Dave P bt Herb M 3 & 2|
|Bob Unwin 22 vs Mick Yates 6||Mick Y 2 up||Mick Y bt Bob M 2 up|
|Matt Davies 10 vs Gary Wicks 16||Gary W 1 up|
|Robin Lovett 27 vs Mike Griffin 28||Robin L 2 & 1|
|Paul Morgan 15 vs Bob Moore 18||Bob M 8 & 6|
Gary W did not play at Hill Barn. Robin Lovett was drawn against him, so will need to arrange the match before Blacknest in October.
Match play format notes
- Played as Match play.
- Higher handicapper gets shots off the lower handicapper.
- These shots are given based on the stroke index of the hole.
- Full handicap difference.
- Based on handicap at start of knockout.
- Holes can be conceded.
- But, if playing your match is played at a TAGs event, you have to putt out anyway
- … Assuming you can score.
- If still all square at the 18th then we’ll determine the winner based on countback – most holes won on the back 9, 6, 3 or 1.
- For the Final we may be allowed to continue the match past the 18th.