The Anchor Golf Society Annual General Meeting (AGM) for 2021 was held at Paulton’s GC on 29th January 2022.
It was held in my absence. There are no official minutes, so I’m going to make some of them up.
- Committee reports for 2021
- Captain’s report
- Vice Captain’s report – now received from Jason
- Handicap secretary’s report – wording approved by Andy
- Treasurer’s report – now received from Bob
- Plans for 2022. See Events
- Election of officers. See Contacts
- Member’s proposals & AOB
See also AGM 2020.
AGM 2021 summary – key points
- Presentation evening was postponed; still to be arranged.
- We’ll stick to using society handicaps and adjustments.
- Subs and green fees will remain the same.
- Subs will be due monthly for each event unless cancelled due to Covid restrictions.
- Subs can be paid for the year in advance.
Captain’s report – Bob Unwin
- Failure to confirm the Good Companion for the presentation evening due to inability to contact new management.
- It was a bit wet at the weekend away.
- To look on the website to find out what events are planned.
- To continue to use the TAGS – Anchor Golf Whats App group
- To reserve your place for this year’s weekend away by paying your £50 deposit.
Vice Captain’s report – Jason Bowles
Jason thanked Bob for his hard work and the members for their support.
He reminded players to be respectful of others when playing their shots. Mainly on the tees and greens where some people continue talking whilst people are trying to take their shots. He’d had a few complaints from members about the issue this year and fully agrees that it needs to stop.
Handicap Secretary’s report – Andy Banting
May have said:
- We’re doing the Majors again this year including the Individual Knockout and Vets trophy, which is for anyone over 50.
- Also remind players to sign and check their card before submitting it.
- Ensure birdies are clearly marked.
- Make it very clear if anyone got any Eagles or Albatrosses.
Treasurer’s report – Mike Griffin
Mike reported that funds were in a healthy position however we had not spent any monies on the presentation night to date. Taking that into account a small loss would have been made on the year
He recommended that subs remain at £10 and green fees remain at £40. All present agreed.
Plans for 2022
Bob has booked most of the events. The one’s that I’m aware of are published on the website. This year’s Captain’s Day will be at Wellow, on a Monday. See Events.
Election of Officers
Members proposals & AOB
- Meeting started: dunno
- Meeting ended: dunno
- Minutes invented: 21st Feb 2022
- Minutes updated: 22nd Feb 2022