The Anchor Golf Society Annual General Meeting (AGM) for 2018 will be held after the first competition for 2019 at Paultons GC. All TAGS members are invited to attend. Guests also welcome.
- Committee reports for 2018
- Captain’s report
- Vice Captain’s report
- Handicap secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Secretary’s report
- Plans for 2019. See Events
- Election of officers. See Contacts
- Member’s proposals & AOB
See also AGM 2017
Attendees and apologies
Attendees as per the players tab.
Captain’s report – Bob Unwin
- Very happy with the year
- No cheating
- Some left, some joined: Paul Cole, Bob Moore, Jack McGillivray, Trevor Banting
- There has been some slow play
Vice Captain’s report – Jason Bowles
- Thanks to Bob. He puts a lot of work in.
Handicap Secretary’s report – Andy Banting
- Very good year
- No problems with cards
- Thanks again to committee and members
Treasurer’s report – Mike Griffin
- Copies of accounts are available.
- Started year with £3600.
- Carried forward to 2019, £4855.
- Subs for 2019 will remain as they are.
Secretary’s report – Herb Miller
- Please check I have your email and telephone number.
- The website should now show Results and Attendance records for each member.
Plans for 2019
Bob has booked all the events. He distributed the schedule for the rest of the year: Tylney Park, East Horton – Greenwood, Weybrook Park, Captain’s day (originally to be at Southampton, changed to Goodwood Park ), Boundary Lakes, Crane Valley, Hill Barn, Tudor Park, The Hampshire, Worldham, Blacknest, Chichester Tower.
Election of Officers
Everyone stood down and were immediately re-elected unanimously.
Member’s proposals and AOB
|Dave P.||Can you update my photo on the website||Yes|
|Jason M.||Can we stop cutting handicaps for 4 point birdies||No|
|Stuart H, Herb M.||Proposal for Player’s play of the year. Vote to be taken at December.||Yes|
|Jason B.||Vets age to be increased to 55.||No|
|Rob G.||Knockout – played from starting handicap or on the day?||?|
|Mike G.||Deposits needed for weekend away|
|Andy B, Mick Y||Knockout should be drawn randomly for the first round||Yes|
|Mike G.||Avoid slow play. Ready golf. Keep play going.||Yes|
|Andy B.||Please become familiar with the new rules.|