- Committee reports for 2017
- Captain’s report
- Vice Captain’s report
- Handicap secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Secretary’s report
- Plans for 2018
- Election of officers
- Member’s proposals & AOB
Attendees & Apologies
Attendees and Non attendees as per the Players tab for 2 Dec 2017.
Apologies: Derek Hall, Derek Morton, Matt Davies, Steve Mouland, Al Fraser
Captain’s Report – Bob Unwin
- Really good attendance this year
- Lots of good courses
- There’s been no moaning about cheating
- Thanks to the committee for their work throughout the year
- All competitions booked for next year
Vice Captain’s Report – Jason Bowles
- Avoid slow play. Be ready to play your shot. Mark the cards after teeing off.
- Thanks to Bob for all his hard work that no one sees.
Handicap Secretary’s Report – Andy Banting
- Cards have been marked reasonably well this year. Sometimes difficult to differentiate 3’s from 5’s.
- Birdies nicely circled. No problems when I’ve been present.
- Thanks to the committee and society members for making it such a good society.
Treasurer’s report – Mike Griffin
- The accounts are in good order. Details available on request.
- There’s enough money in the bank to pay for the Presentation evening including ladies gifts and paying for food
- Subs will stay the same for 2018. Please pay in advance if at all possible
- Propose to bring back prize for 3rd place. Seconded: AB. Passed unanimously.
Secretary’s report – Herb Miller
- Let me know if there are problems with the website.
- Please let Herb and Andy know changes to your email address or home phone.
- Let Herb know your DOB if you’re over 50; for veterans trophy.
Plans for 2018
- Bob issued a sheet for next year’s competitions. Paultons, Weybrook Park, Dummer, Hurtmore, Captain’s Day at Corhampton, Hill Bard, Soton, Crane Valley, Weekend away at Selsdon Parlk, The Hampshire, Blacknest, Worldham and finally Chichester Tower in Dec. They’ll be on the website soon
Election of officers
Everyone stood down and were immediately re-elected unanimously.
Member’s proposals & AOB
|SH||Player’s player of the year trophy, sponsored by PDS Autos Ltd|
|SH||Knockout – no byes in the 1st round|
|Committee||Weekend team comp to be played in Ryder Cup format|
|HM||Scoring method for weekend away to be agreed in advance by committee|
|MY||Speed of play. Play a provisional. Don’t have to walk back to the tee.|
|JM||Disperse towards you own ball and be ready to play|
|ST||Attend the pin|
|ST||Pay for Luke and Rob’s overnight stay||Agreed?|
|GW||Ready golf. Play then search for ball|
|RA||Can we tee off early?|
|SH||Pinseeker award for most NTP’s in the year||Agreed|
List finally completed 23rd January 2019.
- Presentation evening: Sat 20th January 2018. 7 for 7:30.
- Let us know if you’re bringing your partner.
- Membership fee: £120 / year or £10 / month.
- Any back subs must be paid before you play.
- Guest fee: £5 / game.
- At least one week’s notice required for non-attendance.
- If guests don’t turn up the member is liable for their fees.
- Please ensure your score cards are legible.
- Knockout top 16 to be seeded.
- Tournament winner/runner up to go out first in next month.
See also AGM 2016