The Anchor Golf Society Annual General Meeting (AGM) for 2016 was held after the year’s last competition at Paultons. All TAGS members were invited to attend. Guests also welcome.
- Committee reports for 2016
- Captain’s report
- Vice Captain’s report
- Handicap secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Secretary’s report
- Plans for 2017
- Election of officers
- Member’s proposals & AOB
Attendees & Apologies
Attendees and Non attendees as per the Players tab.
Apologies: Bob Lester, Des Davis, Richie Earp
Captain’s Report – Bob Unwin
- Not much I can say really.
- We haven’t had as many players as in previous years.
- There have been a few joiners and some leavers.
- Please invite your friends.
- We welcome Derek Morton as a new member in January.
- We would like up to 30 players per month.
- We pay good money for prizes.
- Some courses have now closed.
- We’ll try to get new courses.
- Prices are continually rising.
- We’ll try to keep them to £30 or £35.
- 3 courses already booked for 2017.
Vice Captain’s Report – Jason Bowles
- Thanks to everyone for playing, the committee for organising and especially to Bob for all his work.
- Some courses will have to be £35.
Handicap Secretary’s Report – Andy Banting
- Everything’s gone spiffingly well… when I was there
- Every year I bang on about birdies but it’s been much easier this year
- Wet cards cause a few problems. If you could get a dry card that would be nice.
- I’d like to re-iterate what Jason and Bob said: thanks to everyone and some green fees will increase
Treasurer’s report – Mike Griffin
- Mike presented the accounts for 2016
- Subs will remain at £10 / month
- Please pay the full amount ( £120 ) up front, if you can
- Weekend away: you can pay in instalments
Secretary’s report – Herb Miller
- Let me know if there are problems with the website.
- Please let Herb and Andy know changes to your email address or home phone
- Let Herb know your DOB if you’re over 50; for veterans trophy
Plans for 2017
- First 3 months already booked. Full English Breakfast at The Hampshire, Tylney Park and Dummer
- The rest will be booked before the Presentation evening
- 14 confirmed for the weekend away.
- Competitions will be £35 – see AOB
- There won’t be any prize money for third place – see AOB
Election of officers
All existing committee members were unanimously re-elected.
Member’s proposals & AOB
Bob invited members ideas for improving the society. Comments from around the room. There was quite a lot of discussion on the first three items.
|Who?||Proposal||Reply & further action|
|BU MG JB SH||Set monthly green fees to £35||Unanimous|
|BU MG JB||Subs remain at £10 per month||Unanimous|
|BU MG JB||Reduce prize money. 1st: £30 2nd: £20 3rd: sleeve of balls||Unanimous|
|DH||Change birdies to birdie 2’s since they currently benefit long hitters on par 4’s and 5’s||No|
|DH||Thanks to the committee for your great work||Unanimously supported|
|ST||Can we pick courses where buggies are available?||BU replied – that’s what we try to do.|
|MY||Still pissed off about the match play|
|JM||Knockout to be seeded not random each month||Passed|
|BW||Tournament winner/runner up to go out first in next month?||Agreed|
|AF||Members should know guest’s handicaps||Yes it helps but their soc. hcap is determined from 3 cards|
|SH||Who wants to go to Wentworth – BMW PGA – Thu 25th May 2017 – £40?|
|BU MD||Who wants weekend in Celtic Manor – Feb 2017 – c. £170?|
- Presentation evening: Sat 14th January 2017. 7 for 7:30.
- Let us know if you’re bringing your partner.
- Membership fee: £120 / year or £10 / month.
- Any back subs must be paid before you play.
- Guest fee: £5 / game.
- At least one week’s notice required for non-attendance.
- If guests don’t turn up the member is liable for their fees.
- Please ensure your score cards are legible.
See also AGM 2015