- Committee reports for 2015
- Captain’s report
- Vice Captain’s report
- Secretary’s report including new website
- Handicap secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Plans for 2016
- Election of officers
- Member’s proposals
See also AGM 2014
Attendees & Apologies
Attendees and Non attendees as per the Players tab.
Apologies: Andy Banting, Richie Earp, Andy Holding, Bob Lester.
Captain’s Report – Bob Unwin
- We’ve played some really good courses this year. Canford Magna is closing so next year we’re trying two new courses; Salisbury and South Wilts for Captain’s day and Lingfield Park for the weekend away.
- We’ve had to change a few of the dates around in order to have a greater chance of being allowed buggies for those who need them.
- There’s not been much cheating reported, but we’ve heard that some don’t seem to be able to count properly. If you think there’s a problem raise it straight away. Don’t squinny after the event, but do let us know so that we can keep an eye on it.
- I’d like to thank the rest of the committee for all their help in 2015
Vice Captain’s Report – Jason Bowles
Thanks to Bob for organising all the competitions. And thanks to all the members for attending.
Handicap Secretary’s Report – Andy Banting
Read by Al Fraser in Andy’s absence.
Firstly, sorry I can’t be there today, I like Blacknest, but I have a prior engagement.
It’s now my 6th year as handicap secretary. Thanks once again for all who have attended throughout the year, we seem to be keeping the number of members to around 30 which is great, although numbers attending seem to be dwindling.
It’s been another great year, with some great courses. I would like to say thank you again to all who have made this job rewarding by coming in with high scores and 4 & 5 pointers.
This year has run pretty smoothly with all filing out the shots taken correctly and the birdies are being ringed so no issues there. If you are not getting the results via email, please provide me with your email address, can you also jot down your address and a contact number.
Before I finish I would like to clarify again on scoring. If you do not putt out on a hole you must either put a line through your card on that hole or record a score of ten as the scores count for the medal competition. Also if you want to record the points, please do so but these will only be for reference as we have had a number of occasions where the points have been wrong, remember the computer does not lie!
Anyway that’s enough from me, I would just like to finish by thanking the others members of the committee for all their hard work for keeping the society running and to all the other members for making it an enjoyable society to belong to. Have a great Christmas and an alcoholic New Year. See you all at the presentation evening.
Treasurer’s Report – Mike Griffin
Mike handed out sheets showing the Accounts for the 2015 season and explained them.
- We broke even; not lost money
- The number of players are down so our cashflow is £600 down
- With membership down and costs increasing Mike proposed to increase the subs from £8 to £10 monthly. Maybe for one year only. Proposed: Mike Griffin, seconded: Bob Unwin, passed: Unanimously.
Secretary’s Report – Herb Miller
- As part of the cost cutting exercise we’ve decided to exclude the Furzeley Challenge ( normally played on an afternoon mid June ) from the 2016 event calendar.
- In its stead, Jason B. has proposed an all day match vs the Portsmouth Water Company – Ryder Cup style
- I’m continuing to reconcile email addresses with Andy’s list. Anyone still not receiving Newsletters from the website please let us know. Please update Andy’s sheets with any amendments required.
- The website has been migrated from Drupal to WordPress, with a new look and feel.
Plans for 2016
Bob handed out sheets of the courses that have been booked for 2016
Election of officers
Just to confirm. All existing committee members were unanimously re-elected.
|Vice Captain||Jason Bowles||BU|
|Handicap Secretary||Andy Banting||BU|
|Assistant Treasurer & Social Sec.||Al Fraser||BU|
|Should we have TAGS baseball caps?||HM||NO!|
|Waive the free round awarded to committee members||MG||BU||NO!|
|Continue to allow committee members to have one free round per year||SH||Unanimously|
|Each member to try to introduce one new guest in 2016||CA|
|More notice of curry nites||PM|
|Vote of thanks to the committee||DH||Unanimously|