- Committee reports for 2014
- Captain’s report
- Vice Captain’s report
- Secretary’s report including website
- Handicap secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Plans for 2015
- Election of officers
- Member’s proposals
See also 2013 AGM
Captain’s Report – Bob Unwin
Bob mentioned all the courses that had been booked for 2015 then continued with his report on 2014.
- We had some good courses and were lucky with the weather.
- Numbers are basically the same: 31 members, with 2 new in January – Steve and Steve.
- Some people have complained about their tee times. Sorry, it’s drawn randomly so that’s the way it goes.
- Also, don’t say, I don’t want to play with so-and-so and expect to get re-drawn.
The presentation evening was confirmed as 17th Jan. 7:15pm for 8 pm prize giving. 54 expected to attend, including guests.
Vice Captain’s report – Jason Bowles
- Each month we aim to have a Full English Breakfast (FEB) before playing. At the minimum a bacon bap.
- Rules – please ask if unsure. No one knows all the rules. We don’t tolerate cheating. If you see it, deal with it at the time. Actually, we think it’s OK now. If your ball needs identifying in the rough then ask others when confirming it’s your ball.
- Score cards. If you don’t putt out it’s a ten, not “put me down for an eight”.
- If you miss a month, let the committee know if you’re attending the next event
Jason thanked Bob for another great year.
Handicap Secretary’s report – Andy Banting
- Ring your birdies. You’ll make my life a whole lot easier.
- Thanks to the rest of the committee for their hard work.
Treasurer’s report – Mike Griffin
Mike presented the accounts for 2014
- Loss on year ( £195 ) due to bad debt and extra monies spent on presentation night
- Recommend subscriptions remain at £8 per month
- Please pay up front if possible
- Also accepting payments for the weekend away. Final amount to be paid by June
- As work commitments may be a problem this year, Al Fraser has offered to be Vice treasurer
Secretary – Herb Miller
- Published AGM minutes for 2013
- Asked for members to confirm contact details
- Had made some minor improvements to the website styling
See Player tab.
Plans for 2015
- Captains Day will be 27 holes: 9 hole team comp am. 18 hole individual stableford pm. Ham, egg and chips for lunch and two course meal in the evening.
- Most competitions will be £30, even though some courses are charging us 32-33 quid.
- Struggled to find courses. Not booked Dummer since they wanted £38 per player.
- We can’t guarantee the prices for 2016
Election of officers
All of the committee stood down and then were promptly re-elected. Al Fraser was also elected as Assistant Treasurer / Social Secretary.
Rob Gunning suggested raising birdie money to £2 per player. Seconded by Stuart Hogg. Passed unanimously
Derek Hall asked about handicap adjustment for getting 4 pointers. If you only scored on 5 holes and got 4 points for each then your total would be 20 points – 16 below par – but your handicap would get cut by 2 strokes.