The 2011 AGM will start after the prize giving at the last competition of the year at East Horton.
- Committee reports for 2011
- Captain’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Handicap secretary’s report
- Vice Captain’s report
- Secretary’s report including website
- Plans for 2012
- Election of officers
- Member’s proposals
See also Minutes of AGM 2010
- Bob congratulated Mick Pink on being the first to ever score a hole in one during a society outing.
- Presentation evening booked for January at the Good Companion. We need a much better turnout than 2010.
- He noted that there had been a couple of occasions where some people had reported cheating.
- And thanked the committee members for their hard work throughout the year
Income £11,140, Outgoings £10,077 Leaving Balance of £1063.50, which includes £300 deposits.
Debtors – mostly leavers – written off BUT there is £44 to come in from active members.
No increase in membership for 2012. It will remain at £8/month, payable monthly or as a £96 one time payment.
Handicap secretary’s report
Andy couldn’t believe he’d been doing the job for 2 years. Doesn’t time fly by? Andy didn’t distribute the 2011 overall results as this would spoil the surprise at the presentation evening.
Vice captain’s report
Covered in Treasurer’s report by Mike Griffin as Jason Bowles was not present.
Website updated with
- Minutes for AGM 2010
- Dates for your diary 2012
- Results – Winner and Runner up for ALL previous competitions
Passed round sheets for members to confirm their contact info: email, telephone, etc.
Note: Full details of contact information is only used by the committee and is not published on the web.
Information is available to members on request.
Plans for 2012
Bob had arranged most of the 2012 outings. See Calendar 2012
Election of officers
As none of the committee were standing down and there were no new nominations, the proposal that the committee remain the same for 2012 was accepted unanimously.
Members proposals and AOB
- Bob Lester – proposed a vote of thanks to the committee AND added that despite the low number of attendees the weekend away was exceptionally pleasureable. Mike G. agreed.
- Bob Palmer asked about new shirts. Andy Banting agreed to take up the challenge.
- Al Fraser asked for member’s contact telephone numbers for when organing Stinking Curry nights.
- San Fraser proposed. In the knockout final, if it’s all square at the 18th the players should replay the hole – once. Any stroke allowance for the hole will be included. If still all square then countback. Seconded: Jason Mihell. Against: Bobby Whitcombe.
- Trevor Geddes asked if the knockout is played at full handicap difference?
- Herb Miller proposed that the knockout is played at the current handicap, not at the starting handicap. Passed.
- TG and SF asked about new courses e.g. Wellow
- There were some other mumblings that I didn’t quite catch or felt necessary to record officially. e.g. Medical assistance for Mel, having name badges so that Derek Hall knows who is who.