We return to Hill Barn at the end of September. Arrive 9:30 for a Full English. First tee 10:30.
Having completed 3 monthly stableford tournaments, the TAGS knockout competition for 2023 started on the 29th July at Dibden GC.
Andy identified the top 16 players. The first matches were randomly drawn by Jason and Mike. Subsequent rounds will also be drawn randomly.
|1st round||Quarter finals||Semi finals||Finals||Winner|
|29 Jul – 25 Aug||26 Aug – 29 Sep||30 Sep – 27 Oct||28 Oct|
|Kev Kelly 15 vs Dave Payne 19||Dave bye||Dave bt Paul 7 & 6|
|Herb Miller 19 vs Adam Verne 11||Herb bye||Herb bt Simon 8 & 6|
|Paul Morgan 18 vs Jason Mihell 11||Jason 2 up|
|Gavin Ross 12 vs Simon Williams 19||Simon bye|
|Bob Unwin 21 vs Trevor Banting 24||Trevor 9 & 7|
|Gary Wicks 17 vs Robin Lovett 27||Robin 4 & 3||Robin by Jason 4 & 2|
|Des Davis 25 vs Mick Yates 6||Mick 2 up||Mick bt Trevor 8 & 7|
|Bob Moore 19 vs Paul Cole 24||Paul 1 up|
Match play format notes
- Played as Match play.
- Higher handicapper gets shots off the lower handicapper.
- These shots are given based on the stroke index of the hole.
- Full handicap difference.
- Based on handicap at start of knockout.
- Holes can be conceded.
- But, if playing your match at a TAGs event, you have to putt out anyway
- … Assuming you can score.
- If still all square at the 18th then we’ll determine the winner based on countback – most holes won on the back 9, 6, 3 or 1.
- For the Final we may be allowed to continue the match past the 18th.
Organising your match if not played at a TAGS event
As 5 players in the knockout were not playing at Dibden, only 3 of the first round matches were played on the 29th. The players in the other draws will have to arrange their matches to be played before the August competition.
Players are responsible for agreeing with their opponent where and when to play; the underlined player is responsible for first contact. If the match is not completed before the second round the committee will decide the player to go through to the next round, unless one player offers a bye to the other.
Similar instructions apply for the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals.