Make sure you’ve got enough balls in your bag for our trip to Boundary Lakes.
Covid-19 alternative plan
Assuming lockdown’s not quite over we may be doing a draw beforehand and the guidelines we followed at Hurtmore will still apply.
- Assume the first tee time will still be 10:44
- 8 minutes between tee times.
- Don’t assume NTP or birdies.
- Each player’s card to be marked by another player and scores agreed before submission to Andy.
- Let us know if you or your guest is a member.
The original plan
Coffee and bacon roll from 9:44 for first tee 10:44.
I don’t think the new holes will be in play. So plenty of NTP opportunities on the par 3’s and a birdie fest too?
To cut a long story short. We’re not playing at Hill Barn. Bob’s booked for 7 tee times, 28 players max, at Hurtmore.
|10:30||Jason Mihell 9||Dave Payne 21||Jason Bowles 10||Mike Griffin 27|
|10:40||Bob Unwin 22||Dave Madgwick 5||Matt Davies 11||Martin Hawker 22|
|10:50||Andy Banting 20||Trevor Banting 28||Rob Budd 10||Mick Yates 7|
|11:00||Mel Blake 25||Andy Holding 22||Peter Jones 28||Des Davis 23|
|11:10||Simon Williams 23||Gary Wicks 16||Paul Morgan 20||Ian Leighfield 19|
|11:20||Stuart Hogg 12||Rob Gunning 17||Paul Cole 24||Bob Moore 19|
|11:30||Herb Miller 18||Luke Iles 9||Jack Mac 5||Rob Appleyard 17|
- 7 tee times for 4 balls.
- Arrive just in time to play.
- Please only leave your vehicle 10 minutes before your tee time.
- Tee times are 10 minutes apart.
- Golf only.
- Cost is £35 plus £10 subs for monthly payers = £45,
or £35 minus £30 subs refund ( 3 months ) for yearly = £5.
- Don’t expect coffee or bacon rolls.
- We have requested them ( and it’s included in the price we’re being charged) but bring your own drinks and snacks anyway.
- 4 buggies already assigned. One person per buggy. £20
- Please ensure your balls are uniquely identified.
- Avoid touching other players balls.
- We won’t be running a birdies competition, nor NTPs.
- At the end of the round the marker should get the player to agree scores on the card then post a picture of the card to Andy, preferably via WhatsApp.
Tee times will be drawn and published by the 17th. Players must have paid Mike in advance, by Bank Transfer to the society account.
For more information regarding Hurtmore’s Best Practices read this document
We had hoped to return to Hill Barn in June for a mid morning start. Breakfast from 9:30 – it’s normally very good – and first tee at 10:30.
However, after a committee meeting, on Wednesday 10th June, Bob called Hill Barn to discuss the current situation regarding society bookings. The conclusion was that we would try elsewhere. One option was to swap dates with Chichester ( Cathedral or Tower) . That was no good. They’re not taking societies either.